28.03.2024, 12:28 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
jebus197
Titel: How do I mount a Samba share in FSTAB?  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.12.2006, 08:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Nov 2006

Hi how do I mount a samba share in fstab?

I have a home NAS (network attached storage) router with two drives attached to it.

The NAS router is part of a workgroup called MYHOME (for example). It in turn connects to my Laptop via a wireless access point (or AP).

The NAS doesn't require a password - as it is part of my workgroup - and the security for this (password WEP encryption and so on) is handled by my AP).

So I tried doing the following:

FSTAB:

smb://192.168.1.77/FLASH_2_1_1 /mnt/Archos smbfs 0 0
smb://192.168.1.77/HDD_1_1_1 /mnt/storage smbfs 0 0

But this didn't work. I also want to make sure I have full read, write and execute permissions on all shares.

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Also how can I make sure that my SAMBA shares aren't mounted until I actually have established a wireless connection? I am concerned that FSTAB might try to mount them too soon.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
HJH
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.12.2006, 09:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Feb 2006

I think your issue is not with the mount, but with the share.
To be able to write to samba shares, make sure you enabled writes when sharing!
Also: make sure the rights are set correct.
an example from smb.conf:

Code:

[temp]
        comment = dumpfolder
        path = /mypath/temp
        writable = yes
        browsable = Yes

op4latino
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.12.2006, 18:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Jul 2005
Try
Code:
//servername/sharename /mountdirectory smbfs username=windowsuserename,password=windowspassword 0 0

eleminate the * smb:// *

http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/HowToMoun ... ermanently

jebus197
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.12.2006, 21:07 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Nov 2006

Yeah, that worked. Thanks. The only problem now is I can't write to my share. Essentially I did:

Code:
//192.168.1.77/MYSHARE /mnt/storage smbfs 0 0

which did mount my share - but as I said with no write permissions.

So then I tried:

Code:
//192.168.1.77/MYSHARE   /mnt/storage   smbfs   umask=000   0 0

Setting the unmask to 000. I wasn't certain that this would work - but in the end it didn't and the share refused to even mount.

The problem with the guide that was pointed to is that it talks about setting a group name and password etc - but normally I don't need to do this. Normally if I am mounting a share from KDE all I need to do is type the address into konqueror as follows:

Code:
//192.168.1.77/MYSHARE   /mnt/storage   smbfs   umask=000   0 0

I don't tend to need a password as my NAS hard drive is a part of my workgroup and all of the security is handled by my router.

I assume however that this is a permissions issue - so the question is, how do I mount these shares and ensure I have full read write and execute access to them?

op4latino
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 09.12.2006, 04:21 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Jul 2005
I think HJH has the solution: read/edit smb.conf

However, I'd try
Code:
//192.168.1.77/MYSHARE /mnt/storage smbfs rw,user,auto 0 0

I don't use samba very often. If I do, I always use linneighborhood (X11 network browser) so I'm just guessing there

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.